giovedì 3 aprile 2014

Book Project #3 - The Secret Garden by F. H. Burnett




And now this is my last book project which is also my favourite for affective reasons. This story was one my first encounters in childhood. I think it is one of best stories to illustrate because there is everything: the importance of nature, the willpower in youth and the interesting costumes and particular scenary (India and England). I love the fact that Mary's personality is creepy and "old" and the atmosphere of the castle where she goes to live reflects that coldness of hers. Only with the entrance of the nature and the friendship the story exits from the cold and sad winter to become a triumph of blossoming flowers and vegetation in spring. 

 For this story I have made the entire storyboard with some definitive illustrations. For each one of the chapters I wanted to put a little cameo under the title. All realized in traditional techniques(watercolors, a bit of acrylics for gouache and details more evident thanks to Pilot G-tec 0,3/0,25). 

I would work again for this story and find a right style of drawing. Or not? What do you think about it? Is this fine or is it too much classic?



















Nessun commento:

Posta un commento